Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Quick Tip: Adding Images to blog pages

When adding images to your blog be sure they are sized correctly for the page.  Nothing is more frustrating than visiting a page and scrolling all over the place to try to see the whole reason you were there in the first place!  Second, don’t overcrowd the page with images.  Too many images equals too many distractions.  Be sure to select clear and quality images.  One of the most important things to remember is to give credit to the website from which you retrieved the image.  If you decide not to do this it could mean serious consequences and big bucks! Finally, be sure the image you select is relevant to your content.  I often find myself visiting websites that I think are intended for one thing and are in fact something else: I think it’s a recipe for chocolate cake but it turns out to be a weight loss plan.  Readers like to be easily guided to what they are looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment